Posted on 7 January, 2013

The Greatest Jim Carrey Films Of His Career

There is little doubt that one of the most successful actors of the comedic genre in recent years has been Jim Carrey. Carrey has had a slew of successful funny films, and has developed somewhat of a cult following in the process. Many people have not received Carrey's transition into more serious films so well, but I think he is a great actor and is not limited to a specific genre.

This article will discuss what I consider to be the best films in Jim Carrey's career.

Let's start out with the silliest film of his of all. I am of course talking about Dumb and Dumber, which is a slapstick comedy on a level that audiences had never seen before. Harry and Lloyd, the two stars of this film (played by Carrey and Jeff Daniels), redefine idiots.

Another movie that has to be included on this list is the original Ace Ventura: Pet Detective film. I can't even tell you how many times I have seen this movie over the years, but it has to be at least 25 times. For some reason, it seems that every road trip or plane ride I took in the early nineties that this film was playing on the television.

It goes without saying that Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is one of Jim Carrey's greatest films of all time. In fact, this is probably my favorite film of his of all, and it isn't a comedy. This movie is ranked as the number 60 best film of all time according to the Internet Movie Database.

Another film that definitely makes the cut for me is Yes Man. I did not know what to think about this movie and thought it would be a regurgitated version of Liar, Liar. I was quite surprised with how good this movie was. It ended up being much more than a silly comedy and one of my favorites.

The last movie of Jim Carrey's that makes my top five list is The Truman Show. In terms of originality, this is at the top of the list for comedies in recent years. This movie is very funny and very sad at the same time. Jim Carrey is fantastic as the lead, and Ed Harris is great as well.

It is clear after going through all of Jim Carrey's movies that he has had his successes over the years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top