Posted on 7 January, 2013

Career Tips

Career path change resume

Dear everyoneI am trying to change career path from Bio-tech engineering to pure finance--investment//asset management. I have been applying for last 3 months and no luck yet. I had interview with UBS for a financial advisor but it didn' t work out. This is just a sales job and the turnover rate is 85%. I want to get something like financial analyst and work my way up to asset portfolio manager. Is that a right path?

However, I am having a lot of hard time switching from Engineering to finance since I really don' t have the background. I am not? yet giving up. I am trying to get a certificate in finance with UC Berkeley as my short term plan since MBA in finance takes longer to finish. I graduated from UC Davis last year with a bio-chemical engineering degree but it only turned out that I don' t like it.

I have another short term plan which it is transforming my engineering background resume into a business looking resume. I think it really depends on how I write but I haven' t done a good job obviously. That is why I don' t get many replies.

Do you guys recommend the resume writing service with Monster? It is about 200 bucks a piece and I think it is a little pricey. Don' t you think?

Let me expose my resume and see what do you guys think?

Dear HR ? I am a hard working,responsible, innovative and well-rounded person. I have worked in BeckmanCoulter as tech support engineer for a year and gained great analytical,customer experience and marketing skills. I' m very interested in changing careerinto finance as I?m seeing more potential in finance. I will try to get a MBAin finance by taking night/weekend classes. I am always opened to be trainedfor new things and willing to work hard and long hours. Moreover, I' m businessfluent in English and Chinese, Mandarin and Cantonese. I am citizen of the United States. Thank you.

This is my cover letter but it needs more work to state why I want to change career from engineering to finance now. Moreover, I need to state how passionate I am about finance--investment mainly. I hope you guys can throw me a few lines to make a remarkable changes to my cover letter.

OBJECTIVES : To acquire a financial analyst positionin which will enable me to utilize a full spectrum of my skills, a wide varietyof analytical skills, customer services, sales and languages, as well as toallow me to grow more professionally in the financial industry.

EDUCATION: Bachelor of Bio-Chemical Engineering, University of California Davis 2006.

EXPERIENCE: Technical Support Engineer (2006 to present) ************* Inc. - Palo Alto, CA

Accounting Assistant (1999 to 2000) Housing development Inc.San Francisco, CA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top