Posted on 7 November, 2011

Shifting Gears in Your Career

Sandy J. Davis

Often people need a change in their careers just to keep them interested and excited about their field of work. Sometimes people go in a completely new direction and pursue a different career path, but others choose to use their backgrounds in a particular area and add to their knowledge by earning advanced degrees or certifications related to their field.

New Certifications Can Help You Make a Change

There have been times during my career in education that I wanted to branch out in a different direction. Sometimes that required my going back to school to get the credentials I needed. Though I remained in the same field, various certifications would allow me to change up my career and keep me interested and challenged.

For instance, I had already earned a master's degree in education and enjoyed teaching, but after quite a few years of teaching in the same subject area, I decided to return to college to earn a certification in special education. This allowed me to work in settings other than a regular public or private classroom.

Later on in my career, as technology began to take a more prominent place in the classroom, I again returned to the classroom to earn a technology certification to work in a technology classroom lab. Unfortunately, every time I went back to school, I had to do it the hard way - going to a traditional classroom - since online learning was not much of an option at the time.

What You Can Do to Make a Successful Career Shift

If you're feeling as if you need a challenge and it's time for a change of some sort in your career, there are great options available to you via the online classroom. As technology has emerged over the years, many accredited online colleges and universities have kept pace and have developed quality online degree programs that can help working adults reach their career goals.

Today it's possible to earn a degree on any level through an online degree program in just about any field you can imagine - education, business, technology, health care - and many other areas. So if you are in need of a change in your career, maybe it's time to explore all the different ways you can do something about it. When you study online, you have a lot more flexibility in creating a schedule that you can successfully work into your life and still have time to spend with your family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top