Posted on 6 September, 2013

Bill gets career advice

58

Bill Gates, Microsoft chairman, is seeking career help from his famous friends.

It was the end of an era at Microsoft, as Bill Gates called on some famous friends for career

advice during his final speech as Microsoft chairman.

What will he do next? Become a musician perhaps? Or try his hand at politics?

Gates, the man branded the world's richest tech nerd wants to be a rock star.

Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft, called Bono, U2 Lead Singer, for a job in his band.

But Bono says, "We are full up in the band, Bill."

Bono was one of the people the tech guru called on for career advice in his waggish final speech as Microsoft Chairman.

But when his prospects of rock-stardom looked dim he sounded out politics.

Next the tech guru called Senator Hillary Clinton, Democratic Presidential Candidate for advice.

But she said, "No, I know I haven't actually yet declared a running mate, Bill, but I'm not sure politics is really for you."

Senator Barack Obama, Democratic Presidential Candidate was his next target. But Obama can't recognise him. He thought it was Bill Shatner of Star Trek. After a word, he thought it was Bill Clinton, former President of US.

In July Gates will step down from Microsoft, a company he began from scratch to work at his charity foundation.

Gates in a speech to the media said, "This is my last keynote, and it's the middle of this year in July that I'll move from being a full time employee at Microsoft to working full time at the foundation, as you heard. So this will be the first time since I was 17 that I won't have my full time Microsoft job, and I'm not really sure what that last day is going to be like. It could be a bit strange. What do you do on your last day? So I asked some friends to help me prepare for that."

Some especially here in India would say he's already found his true calling in philanthropy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top